“Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work.” – C.S. Lewis
The purpose of the technical director and facility manager is to ensure that the facility is up to code, theater sets are designed and built on time, are safe for the ages, and all technical elements of a show are completed and produced with excellence.
The technical director must have the ability to get things done quickly while also teaching others the necessary skills to complete various technical jobs. A heart for teaching, discipleship, and service is a requirement for this position. The ability to see how the arts can be used as a tool to reach the hearts of production team members, students, audiences and their ability to create and foster community is essential. This position may also require teaching various technical theater classes from year to year.
- A strong commitment to Christ
- A tremendous amount of patience and flexibility.
- A strong desire to take initiative in areas that need improvement.
- A willingness to learn new skills and expand one’s knowledge.
- A high strength in interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A love for coaching others while getting things done.
- A heart to be inclusive of a wide variety of gifts and talents.
- An eye for detail, order, beauty and an appreciation in how they impact the morale and spirit of a community.
To Apply, please email resume and cover letter to John Lane at JMLane@artiosacademies.com or contact for an application.